Independence Roadtrip - it's not about the beer
A good friend of Jon and ours commented thusly on my Facebook wall:
"Thanks for all the commentary from the road. I enjoy your ramblings. It makes me think I may have missed something - not having drunk any beer since college. -)"
The thing is that the roadtrips aren't really about the beer.
That's just The Man Who Travelled in Elephants 'hook' to make the road trips possible.
- It's about finding something, anything, to get your mind working in a different direction.
- It's about looking around the world a bit
- It's about meeting new people.
- It's about "Getting out of Dodge" and experiencing new things.
- It's about shaking things up a bit.
- It's about learning about new cities and states.
- It's about seeing someone's passion for their job shine through.
- It's about learning to literally or metaphorically taste new things in life.
- It's about firing up your creativity (ask us how many beers we now have planned? *grin*)
When you come back home, it's about appreciating where you live, who you are, and how you got there.
It's not all about the beer. It's about us all.
However - the beer is hella-tasty, too. ;)